Re: Droseras seeds germination!

From: Vitor Fernandes Oliveira de Miranda (vmiranda@rc.unesp.br)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 07:50:57 PDT

Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:50:57 -0300 (GRNLNDST)
From: Vitor Fernandes Oliveira de Miranda <vmiranda@rc.unesp.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Droseras seeds germination!

>Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:25:27 +0800
>From: "Jonathan Poh" <smiletome@pacific.net.sg>
>To: "Cp Opus" <cp@opus.hpl.hp.com>
>Subject: Droseras seeds germination!

>Hi,

> I find out that germinating drosera seeds quite difficult, even
> D. Capensis. Do not know why? But the seeds I sow just don't
> seems to germinate. I grow them in peatmoss with sand mixture.
> Sun and water is given to them. But the seeds just don't seems
> to germinate. Will like to hear any advice or tips!
>
>Lots of love Jonathan Poh

Hi Jonathan!

Drosera germination is not so difficult. Sometimes we do some mistakes,
sometimes we do the right way. Therefore, if we follow some simple rules
the germination hapens!
The seeds in germination and the seedlings of drosera need humidity a lot.
One day of humidity lack is enough to the seedling die. Then, take care to
maintain water in a plate under the vase. Never put water on the vase,
because it can bury your seedlings. Some people use to put a piece of
plastic film on the vase, closing it and maintaining the humidity.
I hope had helped you.

Something else, contact me.

Good luck!

Vitor Miranda