Re: Leaf cuttings didn't work!

From: David Falk (dave@sparrowarts.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 09:12:19 PDT

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:12:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Falk <dave@sparrowarts.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Leaf cuttings didn't work!

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Amy E. Ritchie wrote:

> I cut some leaves off of a bunch of different sundews: D. capensis, D.
> adelae, D. slackii, D. aliciae, and D. intermedia. I had read a book that
> showed in pictures how to cut and plant them, and then it said in a few
> weeks little baby plants should be growing from them. I laid them
> top-down on some peat moss, kept the humidity hight, and here it is,
> atleast a month later, and nothing has happened. All the leaves are just
> brown and shriveled up. Why is this?? I read that some sundews won't
> reproduce this way, but it said D. capensis would.
>
> Amy

Amy,

I have had D. capensis take as long as 8 weeks. When I did it, I
only got one baby plant per cutting and each started as what looked
a swollen tentacle. If your cuttings are still green, I wouldn't
give up quite just yet.

Dave.

--
David Falk                       Sparrow Arts URL http://www.SparrowArts.com