Re: Purple Pitcher Plant

From: EdwardK674@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 14 1999 - 13:34:10 PDT

Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:34:10 EDT
From: EdwardK674@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Purple Pitcher Plant

Hi,
I purchased a tissue cultured "purple pitcher plant" at the Philadelphia
Flower show this year. As it has grown, the shape has become more like a S.
alata or S. leucophylla. It hasn't developed any of the color I would expect
out of a purple pitcher plant although the tops are developing a nice yellow
coppery color. I suspect that the labeling quality control from the companies
that are sending out these cps needs a overhaul.
Ed Kowalski