Germinating seeds

From: chris (drosera@CAM.ORG)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 16:16:54 PDT

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:16:54 -0400
From: "chris" <drosera@CAM.ORG>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Germinating seeds

Hi all,

A friend just gave me a very small number of seeds. Before I just
go off and plant them, I would like to ask if these seeds need any
special treatment. This is my first venture into pygmy and tuberous
drosera, and with the small quantity of seed I have, I would like
assure myself that I am giving them the best possible chance. The
species are as follows:

D. Gigantea, D. Leucoblasta, D. Pygmea, D. Cistiflora, D.
Peltata, D. Nitidula, D. Whittakeri, G. Violacea.

Do any need stratification? Would Giberelic(sp) acid be needed on
any? Special soil mixtures? Or anything else?

Even if you only know about one of the species, I would be grateful
to hear from you.

Thanks.

Chris F.

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]