Flowering Heliamphora

From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 08:00:21 PDT

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:00:21 EDT
From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Flowering Heliamphora

Hi Howie. Since this is the first time this plant is flowering for you I say
let it flower and enjoy the show! I like to see the flowers the first time
but cut off subsequent bloom stalks. Right now I have H. nutans bloooming
that has 5 bloom stalks. It isn't a pretty or large flower like some of the
other species but is interesting with its strangely held in the air pitchers.
 Once you have seen the flower open you can cut it off the plant then. It
won't slow the growth that much. My nutans is both flowering and growing.
Angie Nichols, SC