Leaf cuttings will not work!!!

From: Amy E. Ritchie (carnivorous_plant@juno.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 10:25:59 PDT

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:25:59 -0400
From: "Amy E. Ritchie" <carnivorous_plant@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Leaf cuttings will not work!!!

Hi all,
I have tried so many times to propogate my plants by leaf cuttings. I
took very many leaves (leaving some of the petiole on) of all my sundews
(such as adelae, capensis, aliciae, and D. filliformis tracyi) and my
VFTs. I laid them all on a bed of sphagnum moss. Nothing happened -
everything finally turned black. I also tried floating some D. capensis
and D. adelae leaves on top of pure water. Nothing happened.
What can be wrong? I've tried leave cuttings many times and nothing
works.

Amy
http://www.homestead.com/flytraps