Re: Peters fertilizer

From: Dave Evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 08:11:00 PDT

Date:    Sun, 26 Sep 99 11:11 EDT
From: Dave Evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Peters fertilizer

Dear Angie,

> From: Sunpitcher@AOL.COM
>
> I noticed something new on the label of the Peters fertilizer...
> ..."micro nutrients". I didn't buy it-went to a store where I
> know they have the "old" stuff because it doesn't move very fast.
> I'm thinking of buying all their stock so I'll have a good supply.

   You don't have to do that! Mirco nutrients are good for your
Heliamphora. They are called mirco mutrients because, unlike
Nitrogen, C02, and water; plants need only a very small amount
of them. I believe there are seven nutrients that plants need
in fairly large amounts and seven or more micro nutrients which
are needed in amounts so small you could bearly see them in
their pure state. I you feed you plants insects, you should be
getting micro nutrients anyway, along with plenty of Nitrogen.
So if you are feeding them bugs and fertilizer, without harm,
any extra of those micro nutrients should also be harmless.

Dave Evans