Where to get Captan or other good fungicides?

From: Howie Shen (epoxy2600@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 12:15:11 PDT

Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 12:15:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Howie Shen <epoxy2600@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Where to get Captan or other good fungicides?

Hi all,

Well there seems to be a lot of soil-surface fungus or
mold growing in my Nepenthes pots. They sit in a hot,
humid tank, so the furry ugly menace is growing faster
than I can keep in check by simply pinching bits of
soil out. I've heard that Captan (sp?) is an
effective safe fungicide for CPs. What common
nurseries or garden centers carry this product in the
US? I tried a local Armstrong Garden Center, but the
lady there told me that Captan was rather powerful
stuff and seemed to imply that I'd have better luck at
some industrial nursery. Anyone bought some lately
and can point me in the right direction?

Also, are there better alternatives? Is this type of
fungus infestation a health threat to the plants, or
is it mainly an aesthetic issue?

Thanks!
Howie

=====