re fungicides

From: Ray Brusasco (rmbrusas@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 18:35:14 PDT

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 18:35:14 -0700
From: Ray Brusasco <rmbrusas@pacbell.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re fungicides

Howie asks a good question regarding taming fungus in the humid environments
for CP. I'm not familiar with _Captan_* but I'm wondering if just plain old
sulfur would do the trick. Would that be bad for CPs? It does the job on
my roses.

* - A chemistry aside - Captan may be the right spelling as it could be
short for mercaptan. Recall that mercaptans are the sulfur equivalent of
alcohols, where an alcohol has an -OH group, mercaptans have the -SH group.

Thus, you can see why I'm wondering about plain, 'ol S.

RMB