UK Hardy- Probably

From: Tim Williams (tim.williams@jascoint.co.jp)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 01:40:21 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:40:21 +0900
From: Tim Williams <tim.williams@jascoint.co.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: UK Hardy- Probably

> Subject: Re: CP Hardiness in the UK
>
> >I'm afraid not everyone would assert that Sarracenia and Dionaea are
> >hardy in the UK as confidently as Phil. I recommend you test a few
> >expendable plants first. From my experience, S purpurea seems ok

Japan (Tokyo area) gets bitterly cold (down to -10 C on occasions) and
we experience two or three good snowfalls annually. The only
sarracenias I lost, due to allowing them to get too dry, were s.
psittacina and s. minor. Dionaea do fine. The cold seems not the
problem: rather, the dessicating Siberian winds. Allow for this and the
UK winters should be a piece of cake!

Regards,

Tim Williams.