Dick Dove's seedling VFTs

From: Elliot Smith (e.smith@cs.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 10:19:33 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:19:33 +0100
From: Elliot Smith <e.smith@cs.bham.ac.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dick Dove's seedling VFTs

Dear Dick,

Too high a temperature may cause problems with VFTs in a cactus house
(which might seem odd). These plants really need dormancy to grow and
flower well, and can be prone to rot and distended growth if kept too
warm over winter. Mine are outside all year in Birmingham, and I haven't
lost one yet. Let them dry out a bit and keep them out of extreme frosts
(e.g. in a cold frame) and they should do fine: my seedlings from last
year survived the winter intact.

Elliot

--
Elliot Smith
School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham