More Thai Nepenthes Photos

From: Michael Feddersen (bd670@scn.org)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 20:18:08 PST

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:18:08 -0800 (PST)
From: bd670@scn.org (Michael Feddersen)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: More Thai Nepenthes Photos

Greetings,
I put on some more Thai Nepenthes photos and one from Palawan, Philippines.
I also updated the captions on the photos. I have many more to submit and
will try to have more as time allows.
As for where the herbarium specimens are in Bangkok. Checking the N. mirabilis
it did have ciliate leaf margins and a gap in the upper margin of the peristome
I'll try and get a better photo of this later this month.
As for sites all these Thai plants came from a Nepenthes nursery as cultivated
plants. Yes even the one growing in the grasses. So I don't know where they
came from prior to that. But there are many other types that I don't have
that I am working on and if I ever get a photo I'll post it.
Now for the Philippines this is a different matter. Thousands of plants,
unlimited hybrids and species are on Mt. Legaspi. N. merrilliana and belli
start out near the 1208km with alata's, mirabilis's, wilkei's, petiolata's
on up towards the top with N. truncata near the PNP station. A plant about
every 2 meters with natural hybrids mixed in. Hope this is close enough.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=125042&a=916788.
Truly,
tom Kahl/Nepenthes club