VFT Puppets

From: JMLAVRICH@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 13 1999 - 06:18:32 PST

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 09:18:32 EST
From: JMLAVRICH@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT Puppets

To All,
If we are to practice censorship, where do we go next? Certainly, computer
virus information is useful to all of us. But is it cp related? Is this the
litmus test we want to use? At least Amy's puppets are related to the topic.
 Or do we want to restrict only to serious 'cp' topics and limit fantasy. If
that's the case, let's stop the 'Jurassic Park' and mutation themes. Maybe
it's self promotion (or promotion of other people's products) that's
bothersome. I guess we really don't want to hear about fantastic plant deals
(hey, not all of them are even cps!) or the endorsement of cp sources. I
have seen many times when a theme has been expanded to death not only in
group discussion, but by the indivual who brought the topic in the first
place. I must confess that I haven't found all of them to be a life altering
experience. Some of them were topics that I felt would have no interest to
me. But I've read them--all of them. And I've and learned something from
each one, not only about things, but also about people.

For the record, I want Amy's puppet information to continue. I have
considered ordering them for my child to use in education projects at his
local school. I do the plants; he does the puppets. Starting to see the
value of Amy's information now? I hardly think that Amy will get rich in the
monetary sense doing this, but she certainly will enrich the lives of others.
 The children who experienced our demonstration last spring still talk about
it. I only wish that we had puppets to enhance the experience. For all of
you curmudgeons out there, believe me, it's far better that kindergarten
children maul a puppet rather that one of your prized plants.

Matt offered you plenty of good advice Amy, and I hope that you'll take it
with one exception. Don't let anyone intimidate you and try to stop--or even
limit--what you are trying to share with us.

Joe (cp AND puppet lover)