re:plants dying

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 12:07:01 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:07:01 +0100
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re:plants dying

Hi Amy,

You have probably already received real help from others before you read
this, but personally I think the main problem is the lack of light (but
low humidity doesn't help either).

All this summer I've had weed like D. capensis growing nicely (yeah, big
surprise) on the windowsill, but earlier this autumn they started to die
down even though I thought the light was adequate. After moving them
under
fluorescent light they recovered a few days later and started to grow
again.

I suggest that you supplement the natural light with artificial light,
and if you can get access to a fish tank/terrarium (put that high on
your wish list :) the humidity issue can be dealt with too.

Good luck with your plants, and Merry Christmas (OK, so am early) to all
on the list!

--
Christer Berglund
E-mail: christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se