Brocchinia reducta

From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 19:05:54 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:05:54 EST
From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Brocchinia reducta

I've found it interesting that most growers seem to grow their Brocchinias in
tanks probably along with other fussier plants such as Neps and Helis. I
save that space in the tanks for other plants and grow my Brocchinias on the
windowsill with my other bromeliads. They don't seem to mind the lower
humidity and do appreciate the natural sunlight. They flower upon reaching
maturity both from the vase of the plant and from the roots. Then they send
up way to many offsets. Sometimes they just happen to sit in water and
sometimes they get too dry. They seem to be as tough as D. capensis. Just
wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. Angie Nichols, SC