dying plants

From: Amy E. Ritchie (carnivorous_plant@juno.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 13:28:30 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:28:30 -0500
From: "Amy E. Ritchie" <carnivorous_plant@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: dying plants

Tell me if you think this will help...
I got two 10 gal. aquariums. They both had lids that were wooden frames
with wire over them (they used to be used for keeping mice and hamsters).
I put some plastic over the wire, to keep in humidity. I put all my
plants in the two aquariums, and also moved them closer to the window to
give them more light. I do NOT have them sitting in water, since I think
that is some of the problem. I am misting the sides of the aquariums to
build up humidity. Does this sound like it will create enough humidity?
If not, what can I do to make it more humid? I sat my temp/humidity
thermometer inside one of the tanks, and I am giving it time to register
correctly. Then I will see what the temp and humidity is inside the
tanks.

Amy