CPN News & Views

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nhurneym@uk.oracle.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 03:16:18 PST

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:16:18 +0000
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nhurneym@uk.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CPN News & Views

I would like to ask contributors to this listserver not to take it for
granted that this forum reaches the widest audience. How many
subscribers are there from countries in which Nepenthes grow wild? Or
China? World wide less than 1% of the population have access to a
computer, although this is increasing rapidly. I have often thought
that certain submissions here also merited inclusion in CPN (hi
Fernando et al.), but the amount of co-editor time it would take to
filter the wheat from the chaff (my contributions normally fit here!)
would be prohibitive.

Please continue to print full sets of references - wannabe botanists
like myself have limited access to scientific books and papers and can't
generally walk into a public library and expect to find a complete set
of relevant material - we have to order them on loan and that requires
being able to target the exact publications we need.

Happy holidays, NigelH