Nepenthes Cocciena

From: Paul McCullough (paulmcc@home.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 19:18:25 PST

Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:18:25 -0500
From: Paul McCullough <paulmcc@home.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes Cocciena

I just bought a pretty adult looking plant at the Philadelphia Flower
Show today for $35.00. According to the vendor, these don't like direct
Sun and he also said the soil type is unimportant- it can be acidic or
neutral? Funny, I thought all nepenthes wanted acidic soils- guess I
need to reread my copy of "Savage Garden" for this. The only thing that
bothers me is that it's growing in what looks like typical potting soil
(black with white miniature spheres). This can't be good for a
nepenthes, can it???

Anyway, the pitchers on them are wonderful- each about 7" tall!

Cheers,
Paul

ps- flower show was better then average this year- once again, one
display had trumpet pitchers in an ornamental pond scene. There was
also the annual, poorly lit bog scene. There were many sundews,
pitchers, and VFT on sale in the market area of the show.

--

My New Webpage URLs: -------------------- 3D Animation World: http://members.home.net/paulmcc Carnivorous Plant Page: http://members.home.net/paulmcc/carniv.htm Movie Reviews: http://members.home.net/paulmcc/movies.htm