Re: Getting rid of pesky squirrels

From: Patty Petzel (petzelp@gw.lbcc.cc.or.us)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 03:39:41 PST

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:39:41 -0800
From: "Patty Petzel" <petzelp@gw.lbcc.cc.or.us>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Getting rid of pesky squirrels

You might try dry, crushed hot peppers scattered around. Birds can't
taste the burn but mammals can. Some places sell stuff to mix with bird
seeds to chase off squirrels. I've just read on a native plants/animals
list that said it worked on coons too. A year or two ago I sprayed an
organic bug killer called Hot Pepper Wax (I did not use it on my CPs) on
some young cherry trees to keep the deer from eating the leaves. All I
can say is that nothing ate the leaves that year. Maybe it would help
with coon and squirrels.