Cephalotus flower

From: Albert Huntington (BALBERTH@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 21:38:35 PDT

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:38:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Albert Huntington <BALBERTH@YAHOO.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cephalotus flower

Hi Folks,
  This spring, after a feeding of live crickets and being moved to a brighter
spot in my greenhouse, my cephalotus which I got last year from California
Carnivores ( thanks, Peter.. ) decided to give me a flower.
  Now, following the conventional wisdom that Flower Removal == Stronger Plant,
and in search of material for nefarious TC experiments, I have removed the
flower stalk, but this brings up some interesting theoretical questions.
  Has anyone had any experience with getting cephalotus to set seed? Are they
self fertile? Is it dangerous to let a fairly small ceph ( maybe 6-7 small
traps ) flower?
--Albert

=====
Albert Huntington San Jose, CA U.S.A.