Mites?

From: Kit Halsted (kit@kithalsted.com)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 12:07:59 PDT

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:07:59 -0400
From: Kit Halsted <kit@kithalsted.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Mites?

I've been seeing some little red bugs in the yard lately, tiny things
about the size of the head of a pin. First I just saw them on the
concrete, a few days later I saw one stuck to a D. intermedia, then
today I noticed several running around like crazy on my Sarracenia
psittacina x minor. I'm wondering if I should be worried about these
things. I'd prefer not to use pesticides if I can avoid it. If
anybody feels like having a look & telling me what they think, I have
some pictures & a movie (my first ever, iMovie really does make it
easy!) up at <http://www.kithalsted.com/~kit/cp/mites.html>. I should
probably mention that this plant is not doing particularly badly, &
is looking healthier since I repotted it last week.

-Kit