RE: Nepenthes flowering conditions

From: Tom Massey (massey@fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 06:37:16 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:37:16 -0400
From: "Tom Massey" <massey@fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Nepenthes flowering conditions

Hi Tim:

Others may have already answered, but FWIW:

Neps aren't likely to flower if you keep whacking off the long vines (I have
had one exception). A Nep will tend to flower if you have a long growing
season or a greenhouse and you allow the plant to develop the long climbing
vines. And as a general rule, the plant won't flower until it has started
to develop upper pitchers (at least in those species that produce uppers).

Tom in Fl.