P. grandiflora

From: Weaver, Kevin (kweaver@ruthchek.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 16:51:26 PDT

Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:51:26 -0700
From: "Weaver, Kevin" <kweaver@ruthchek.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: P. grandiflora

Help! My Pinguicula grandiflora is sending up hibernation buds and it's the
middle of summer! First the leaves died (oh no!), then this funny little
crown started poking it's head up through the middle. What do I do?? The
plant has been grown underneath flourescent lights in a 60-70 degree room.
I've only owned it for 5 months. I bet it's previous owner never let it go
dormant. What do you think? Question is, what do I do now? Try to
accustom it's environment to winter conditions? Should it have an extra
long winter? If I ignore them will they go away? Oy Vey!

Kevin