Starving Flytraps

From: B Wiley (b_wiley@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 14:11:22 PDT

Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:11:22 EDT
From: "B Wiley" <b_wiley@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Starving Flytraps

Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions concerning Nepenthes. I
have a new question regarding four Dionea plants I have growing in a pie tin
filled with distilled water outside. Every internet site I've seen says
that flytraps will catch their own food if given the chance. For a while I
had them on a three foot tall plastic table in the middle of my back yard
and nothing happened, so I moved the whole table near some sunflowers hoping
that some of the pollinating bugs would be attracted to the traps, but no
such luck. Does anyone have any advice on the matter?

BEN, NH