Sand for Soil

From: MCliff428@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 16:19:29 PDT

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:19:29 EDT
From: MCliff428@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sand for Soil

I have been using only one type of sand when I have a recipe that calls for
sand. I have play sand that I washed in a bowl a number of times until the
water was no longer cloudy. I used this because I had a hard time finding
silica sand. I have a large bag of sharp sand, just like the sand mentioned
on this web site (The<A HREF="http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq328.html">
Carnivorous Plant FAQ: Sand</A>) I have about 50 lb.'s of this and I thought
that I could use it as a substitute for silica sand. Is this OK for use with
all plants? Thank you.