Flora of the Venezuelan Guayana

From: Dionaea@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 08:13:02 PDT

Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 11:13:02 EDT
From: Dionaea@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Flora of the Venezuelan Guayana

For those interested in CP literature and monographs, Steyermark et al.'s
_Flora of the Venezuelan Guayana_, Vols. 4 and Vol. 5 are available from
Amazon.com. Volume 4 contains a discriptions and a key to the family
Droseraceae including Drosera yutayensis, D. hirticalyx, D. arenicola, D.
meristocaulis and others, while Vol. 5 contains a key to the family
Lentibulariaceae including Genlisea and Utricularia. At this point I am
eagerly awaiting the volume containing Heliamphora (Sarraceniaceae), which is
presumably in production. I am very curious to find out what Steyermark et
al. have decided to do with H. hispida or if it will even be included... I
will let you know when the new volume arrives.

The volumes are rather pricey at $67.95 each, but considering it is rather
hard to come by a good key to Drosera, especially South American ones, I
think it is well worth while. Finally a source to tell me what the
difference is between Drosera felix and kaiteurensis...

Christoph