Transplanting utricularia seedlings?

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@privat.utfors.se)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 12:24:50 PDT

Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:24:50 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@privat.utfors.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Transplanting utricularia seedlings?

Hi,

Late last year I sowed some terrestrial Utricularia on pure peat moss.
Three species has germinated so far (monanthos, lateriflora and
bisquamata), but does not seem to do much at this time.

Now I wonder if it's possible to successfully transplant 2-3 mm
seedlings without killing them? Do seedlings grow underground stolons or
do they only consist of the over ground/photosynthetic stolons in the
juvenile stage? The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to tear the
seedlings to pieces in an attempt to transplant them.

Does anyone have an opinion of which is the best soil for terrestrial
utrics; pure peat moss or peat moss/sand mix?

Regards,

--
Christer Berglund
E-mail: christer.berglund@privat.utfors.se