Nepenthes Care

From: MCliff428@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 15:08:22 PST

Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:08:22 EST
From: MCliff428@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes Care

I have a few Nepenthes right now, but I cannot find a safe way to keep them.
I keep all of mine in large transparent plastic bags, but know, I notice that
the plants do not grow very quickly, and have no circulation. I have found
that the plants need constant humidity. I made the mistake of not using the
bag for less than twelve hours and found that the leaves of many of the
plants dried up and died. The bag also tends to cause fungus and mold to
grow in the soil. (My mixture is 1p. Sphagnum and 1p. Coconut Fiber) How do
other people raise nepenthes inside the house? I don't plan on getting a
greenhouse anytime soon, but until then, I want to be able to keep my plants
next to the window without a plastic bag that will restrict growth and
harvest mold. How do most people without special growing environments keep
theirs alive? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Michael.