Re: Nepenthes Care

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 18:17:49 PST

Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:17:49 EST
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes Care

  Michael,

  Two things that come to mind is to stick them in a tank by the window with
a plexiglass cover or plastic wrap, that leaves a half inch-inch open on each
end. This will give good humidity, but allow air movment so that they will
not be so fungus prone. a second option is to get a humidifier the kind that
runs on a one to two gallons/day) and direct the humidity right at the
plants. Downside to this is whatever is near, aslo gets more humidity,
obviously. If your plants are not too big, they grow well using the tank
method with shoplights sitting on top of the tank.
  Hope that helps.

  Regards,

  Joe Griffin
  Lincoln, NE USA

In a message dated 11/9/2000 5:14:21 PM Central Standard Time,