Re: Nepenthes Care

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 18:23:45 PST

Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:23:45 EST
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes Care

  Joe here again:

  My aquariums are of the same mold. My wife has bought quite a few 10
gallons for me at garage sales for $3 and less.
  I also have a comment about the soil you are using. It is 100% organic, and
that can be why the fungus is hitting so hard. I have Nepenthes is some
baggies in LF sphagnum in windows, and they have not had any fungus. Maybe
you need a more open mix where coconut fiber is concerned. You might try
mixing some perlite in with it and maybe a little charcoal.

  Regards,

  Joe griffin
  Lincoln, NE USA

In a message dated 11/9/2000 5:43:31 PM Central Standard Time,