Re: Re: Raccoons (was: Re: IRC)

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 27 Jul 95 17:10 EDT

> From: "Philip Semanchuk" <semanchuk~pj@GLAXO.COM>
> Subject: Re: Raccoons (was: Re: IRC)
>
> The only method I've heard of for preventing deer from nibbling
> trees may keep raccoons away from your Sarracenia, too. Take a
> standard hand-held plant mister, crack a raw egg into it and fill
> it the rest of the way with water. Shake vigorously and let it
> sit until ripe. Spray it onto the plant and hopefully the
> raccoons will turn their sensitive noses elsewhere.

Hi,
I just bought some tobacco dust it is used as an insecticide but
the owner told me that it can also be used to keep animals away
from plants. I don't think it will be very effective on my bogs
for anything larger than the slugs that delight in eating the tops
off of new pitchers, they really like S.luecophylla, but on a smaller
scale, like several pot or planters, it might be very good.

Dave Evans