Re: Rooting Nepenthes in Water Update

Chris Teichreb (teichrch@Meena.CC.URegina.CA)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 08:21:12 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,
On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Demetrio Lamzaki wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Using the technique I described previously for N. ventricosa, I placed
> a cutting of Nepenthes maxima in water. Today, only 24 days later,
> roots are visible on the cutting! This is a great method of Nepenthes
> propagation, much more successful than I had expected, I recommend
> trying it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Demetrios

I tried this technique with an N.alata cutting I received.
Within 4 weeks, it sprouted a growing tip! I haven't seen any roots
yet, but I'm sure they'll start any day now. I imagine this technique
would be even more successful for lowland Neps. which I've heard have a
higher strike rate overall.

Chris