Re: Welcome back, Demetrio!

From: Demetrio Lamzaki (Dee_Lamzaki@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jan 02 1997 - 18:51:19 PST

Date: Fri, 3 Jan 97 02:51:19 UT
From: "Demetrio Lamzaki" <Dee_Lamzaki@msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Welcome back, Demetrio!

>Welcome back, Demetrio! (somewhat belatedly)

Thanks Jay, it's great to be back.

>I just visited the San Diego zoo as well, and wondered, if they
>can house a bromeliad garden courtesy of the San Diego bromeliad
>study group, why not CP?

I thought the same thing too. The Tiger River section would
look great with a couple of plants, A full CP display somewhere
in the zoo would be fantastic. Is there a San Diego CP club or
does the L.A. one have enough members from down there that
they could look into this?

>(They also have a nice collection of confiscated orchids put into their
>care by the border patrol, I believe).

Yes, in a secluded section of the zoo at the top of a steep climb
hidden behind some trees in a locked case, you knew I'd find them
didn't you? :-) Beautiful plants, they take good care of them.
There are many other hidden treasures in the park for the fern,
cycad, and palm lover, it was worth the visit for the plant life
alone, if you are also fascinated by animals like I am you can
imagine what a joy it was. It's great to hear from you Jay, I
hope you enjoyed your trip out West.

Take care,

Demetrios