pyrethrins & bacteria

From: covenante (covenante@mail.geocities.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 1997 - 20:39:26 PST

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 20:39:26
From: covenante <covenante@mail.geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: pyrethrins & bacteria

        Some info about pyrethrins. Pyrethrins is a synthetic chrysanthemum based
chemical used in alot of insecticides, mostly however in flea & tick sprays
for pets. So possibly because it is a synthetic plant chemical, it may
have an effect on other plants as well, can anyone else shed any insight on
this? I'm pretty sure pyrethrins only attack the central nervous systems of
insects, but I dont know why a synthesized chemical would have any effect
on a plant, but who knows. It is among one of the safest insecticides you
can use on a pet.

        As for bacteria in your aquarium, you may want to try putting an aquarium
pump in the bottom of the tank to circulate the water. This will put a
direct stop to the stagnation and may be enough to stop the bacteria as well.

        Also, I am still looking for the person on the list last summer who was
planning on producing terriarums for sale. Did this project fall through?
Please e-mail me if you have/plan on making any of these terriarums.

+Michael

mad@kalamazoo.net