Sarracenia questions

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 1997 - 20:42:17 PST

Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:42:17 -0500
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia questions

As most of you reading this list probably are aware by now, I'm
attempting to put together an indoor terrarium. I'd like to grow some
Sarracenia Flava and/or Leucophylla, but the terrarium is only two foot
tall (or so... it may be actually taller. Won't know for sure until it
arrives.) Since these two sarracenia can reach heights of three feet or
more, I'm guessing this won't work, but others have told me that these
plants will stay short when in a confined space. They'd eventually hit
the lights is my assumption.
  The leucophylla I saw at Longwood Gardens were only about two foot
high and were in full bloom... but they had at least another foot of
free space to go and they weren't growing under lights.
  Any suggestions or experiences in this vain?

Cheers,
Paul