Superthrive, California, Darlingtonia California

From: covenante (covenante@mail.geocities.com)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 20:50:49 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 20:50:49
From: covenante <covenante@mail.geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Superthrive, California, Darlingtonia California

I have just returned from a recent trip to California (normally from
Michigan), while there I did take a trip up to Sequioa National Park to see
the redwoods. While there I searched every stream I could find in hopes of
finding some Darlingtonia in the wild. Well, as you can guess, I came up
empty handed. The rangers even had no idea of what I was talking about.
Has anyone encountered any Darlingtonia in the park? The reason I looked
was because I read they could grow at extremely high altitudes and the park
is pretty high up.

Also while in California, I stopped at the local home depot (in Visalia) to
see if they sold any CP (no Depots here in Kalamazoo, MI). The salesperson
had no idea what I was talking about and they didnt cary them anyway. So I
looked for superthrive, no luck in Home Depot, but I did find a bottle in a
Kmart of all places. Now, what do I do with this magic elixir now that
I've found it? Do I mix some in with their water? Do I only use it for
transplanting? At what concentration? Fill me in on this.

Lastly, I came home and my Darlingtonia's flower has opened. Can I self
pollinate it? Whats the procedure? How long should before seed should
develop?

Thanks in advance
+Michael
mad@kalamazoo.net