Want D.linearis and question on D.anglica stipules

From: ss66428 (ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Wed May 28 1997 - 22:36:20 PDT

Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 14:36:20 +0900 (JST)
From: ss66428 <ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Want D.linearis and question on D.anglica stipules

To all,

        First of all a request. I imagine now might be the flowering season
for D.linearis. Is there any one out there who could get me one or a few
flowering specimens in alcohol as well as some dried leaves? The first is for
a friend of mine who wants to draw all the New World Drosera and the second is
for myself, for future genetic studies. If anyone can offer these, I can have
my friend Fabio in Brazil send you some really juicy Brazilian CP seeds!

        Last year I obtained from Thomas Carow (hi and thanks Thomas!) a
D.anglica which I gave to the friend I mentioned above who is drawing Drosera.
The plant flowered and was drawn. The only weird thing is that the plant
practically does not have stipules, only a few 'strings' on the sides of the
petioles. Can anyone tell me if this is normal???

Thanks,

Fernando Rivadavia
Tokyo, Japan

P.S. Does anyone know the telephone code for calling Australia FROM the USA?