Sarracenia division

From: The Dickersons (randls@juno.com)
Date: Thu May 29 1997 - 20:35:05 PDT

Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 20:35:05 -0700
From: randls@juno.com (The Dickersons)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia division

Hello everyone,

     I have a question concerning Sarracenia. This year several of my
pitcher plants have produced multiple growing crowns for the first time.
I am confused as to whether to divide the plants or leave them be. I've
read you should never let Sarracenia develope multiple crowns, but what's
the harm, they seem to produce more pitchers that way. Another question
along the same subject. Is it all right to allow Sarracenia rizomes to
grow as long (length) as they want, or is it wise to keep them at a
certain length. Any help would be appreciated.

-Ryan-