Re: Introducing the cactus to the bog!

From: L235@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 17 1997 - 14:16:58 PDT

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:16:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: L235@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Introducing the cactus to the bog!

> 2:10 am Cut barbed wire, and swim crocodile infested mote
>surrounding Natural Bog.>

Paul, who was the genius who decided to introduce
non-native crocodilians into NJ swamps? Or did they
migrate naturally from New York City sewers <grin> ....

BTW, not to harp on this issue overmuch ...
I do have a friend (who shall remain nameless) who
is feeling twinges of guilt for introducing S. minor and
S. rubra rubra into a NJ bog .... Both have done extremely well,
forming large parent clumps and propogating quite profusely ...
although I wouldn't (yet) go so far as to say they have crowded
out the native S. purpurea and D. filiformis filiformis and
D. rotundifolia.

Jay Lechtman (L235@aol.com)