Re: Feeding indoor plants

From: Ken Cusson (kenc@salinas.net)
Date: Wed Aug 13 1997 - 14:26:44 PDT

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 97 13:26:44 -0800
From: Ken Cusson <kenc@salinas.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Feeding indoor plants

> So, what are you supposed to feed plants that are indoors in a terrarium?

I have mentioned this before ... Many pet stores are carrying a product
that is freeze-dried house flys (OK - stop that laughing - it works!).
They are raised especially for this product and dusted with a vitamin
solution of some sort after they are freeze-dried. All of my Sarracenia,
Nepenthes and some drosera seemed to accept them quite well - even some
of the VFT liked them! (I used them during the winter, as bugs far less
plentiful). I can't remember the actual name - they were designed to be
fed to lizards, etc.

KenC

Ken Cusson
kenc@salinas.net