RE:Stereotypical newbie VFT probs

From: Haakan Murevaern (murevarn@algonet.se)
Date: Sun Sep 21 1997 - 07:08:03 PDT

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 16:08:03 +0200
From: "Haakan Murevaern" <murevarn@algonet.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE:Stereotypical newbie VFT probs

Hello Kate!

Welcome to the list! It is nice to see some more people growing these
plants in Sweden.

I have som VFT still outside (I live in the middle of Sweden). I think your
problem could be too little light.

My advice too you is to do as I often do with VFT and as you could see in a
recent
posting on this list. Put it in the fridge for winter rest. Before cut of
the flower and clean it from dirt and dead leaves. I store my plants in a
glass container. Then I can see the plant and if it is any mould I can take
it out and clean it.

You can start the plant in january/februari with artificial light.

Hope some of this advice could work for you

Haakan Murevaern
See my Carnivorous plants at
http://www.algonet.se/~murevarn