Re: Nepenthes Peat Tea

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 1997 - 18:30:30 PDT

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 21:30:30 -0400
From: Richard Brown <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes Peat Tea

>Nepenthes, on the other hand, are a pain. None of them
>can take the winter cold we get here. They like their
>RO water and peat tea.

Trent here, still in the office. This peat tea business is
intriguing. I have seen how to make it posted here, but exactly how
does it benefit Nepenthes? There was something on this in the CPN. I
found the possible astringent qualities of this "tea' an interesting
quality, as I firmly believe most Nepenthes deaths (when a plant
suddenly goes downhill and there seems to be no saving it) are the
result of an infection; fungal, bacterial, or viral.

Could those of you using this tea give specific details on how Nepenthes
benefit from it? How it may be superior to something like miracid, if
it works as a fertilizer?

Regards,

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Florida