Re: Fungicide for VFT

From: Ron Schlosser (rons@earthworld.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 19:52:36 PDT

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 18:52:36 -0800
From: Ron Schlosser <rons@earthworld.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fungicide for VFT

On 08-Oct-97, MMiller192@aol.com wrote:
>I have used benomyl on all of my vft without any adverse affect. This was
>back before it supposedly killed a lot of plants in florida in the early
>1990s. If I remember correctly, they thought that it was contaminated with a
>herbicide. I would suppose that they have corrected the problem, although
>orchid growers no longer use it.

>Michael

   Benomyl or Benlate (same thing) had its onamental (plants like rhodies,
greenhouse plants, etc.) label pulled because of the problems they had in
Florida. It is still available with an agricultural label (vegetables).
There used to be small bottles of Benlate available on the retail market, but
I have not checked recently to know.