Re: Superthrive

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 11:49:58 PDT

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 13:49:58 -0500 (CDT)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Superthrive

Hi list,

Perry Malouf asks:

> Now I ask: what are the numerous agencies that have conducted
> studies of Superthrive using the scientific method? Please cite
> some references so interested readers can learn more. Papers
> published in peer-reviewed journals would be nice, but even
> something in a good newsletter is a start.

Good question. I would like to know if Superthrive really is worth the
money and effort. I do have an anecdotal experience with using Superthrive
on nep cuttings and it appeared to help with rooting. I don't do many
cuttings, and next time I will try using a scientific method. Has anyone
tried with cuttings, since this at least can eliminate variance in genes
from different clones?

Paul Burkhardt