Superthrive

From: Matt Miller (nuclei@paonline.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 1997 - 19:38:17 PDT

Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 19:38:17 -0700
From: Matt Miller <nuclei@paonline.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Superthrive

I have heard for a while that superthrive is good for CP's but many
people have said that there is no proof that superthrive is responsible
for growth spurts or accelerated growth in CP's. I recieved about 100
Nepenthes Ventricosa seeds from Josh Lehman ( thanks again Josh !!! )
and they are beginning to sprout, I have decided That I will conduct an
experiment on about 10 of the seedlings once the are about 1 inch in
diameter, 5 of them will be grown with superthrive waterings and 5 will
be grown with just normal distilled water. All the seedlings will be
grown in the same terrarium under the exact same conditions, that way
there is only one variable in this experiment ( the superthrive ). I
will begin this series of experiments when the seedlings reach suitable
size and then post weekly reports of how the two different groups are
progressing on this listserve. I may also preform this experiment on
other genuses of CP's as well in the future because I realize that
Superthrive may have different effects on different types of Carnivorous
Plants.

             Sincerely,
                            Matt Miller