Re: Superthrive

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 11:51:31 PDT

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:51:31 -0400
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Superthrive

Regarding Superthrive, I use it basically to treat plants for transplanting
shock. I find that I have a greater survival rate when soaking plants in a
solution of 10 to 15 drops of Superthrive, per gallon, for 30 to 45 minutes
after dividing and re potting plants. I also soak leaf cuttings in Superthrive
prior to planting them. I have only used Superthrive for VFTs, Sarrs and Cephs
with excellent results. I have tried spraying Superthrive onto VFTs and Sarr
seedlings ( one drop per gallon) with mixed feelings. I really did not notice
any noticeable growth or color improvement, but then again I did not lose any
seedlings.
 I just planted over 100 Ceph cuttings. I soaked them in the 15 drops per gallon
of superthrive for approx. 45 to one hour. I planted one cutting at a time which
allowed some cuttings to sit in the superthrive solution a little longer. I used
both the Ceph leaf and pitcher as cuttings, but this time I dipped half the
soaked cuttings in a rooting hormone. I labeled one growing chamber with hormone
and the other chamber without. Each chamber had equal amounts of leaves and
pitchers. It will be interesting to see what takes place in about 6 weeks. I
will share this with the group for sure.
                         Charles
                         Va. Beach, Va.