Re[2]: The FAQ vs my VFT

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 11:26:11 PDT

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:26:11 -0400
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re[2]: The FAQ vs my VFT

     Tim,
      Sounds like you have a handle on things. Just cut back on the water
     every week and allow the soil to drain before watering the plant
     again. The coolness helps, but these plants don't really go into a
     major sleep like other plants do, they kind of dose off for a couple
     of months, but the traps are still active, but very slow. I don't
     recommend feeding them during this dormancy. I would just let nature
     take it's course. If the plant stay around 35-40 degrees for about
     three months, that's really all they need. Middle December to Middle
     March is my coldest months here in Va. Beach, Va. I usually take the
     plants into the greenhouse at this time, otherwise out of the
     greenhouse they go. If a frost or short freeze hits them, I don't
     worry. They pop right back next march.
                                Charles