Re: The FAQ vs my VFT

From: Tim Malcolm (malcol01@camosun.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 10:56:26 PDT

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:56:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tim Malcolm <malcol01@camosun.bc.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: The FAQ vs my VFT

> In my experience, there are a number of reasons why VFT don't tend to do
> well indoors. 1st, and foremost is lack of humidity. VFT, needs high

Well, things are going well so far, after 6 months indoors on a sunny
windowsill. It has 1 1/4 -1 1/2 inch traps, and is red where it should be
red. It seems headed toward dormancy and I can put it in a cool room if
need be (or outside), but with the heat off at night the temps against
the window probably get down around 10 degrees anyway (do they need
constant cool temps, or are nights enough?, although I suppose since I'm
ignoring so much other good advice I shouldn't waste your time by asking).
I'll let you know if it makes it through the winter. At least my killed
VFT story will be longer than most others.

Don't tell any VFT deities that may be watching, for I may be smited.

tim.