Stinky Stuff

From: James Farrelly (c223@rollanet.org)
Date: Sat Nov 01 1997 - 19:33:50 PST

Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 22:33:50 -0500
From: James Farrelly <c223@rollanet.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Stinky Stuff

Hi,

   Tried out a suggestion that I had read here to help grow my Nepenthes =
a bit better. It involved taking six egg shells, crumbling them up and =
baking them in the oven for about ten minutes. The shells are then =
placed in a gallon of water for a week and then fed to the plants as a =
solution. Unfortunately something didn't quite work out as planned =
because the second that the lid was opened my nostrils rebelled. The =
overwhelming sulphurous smell of rotten eggs didn't agree with me and =
out the solution went with the trash. Is this smell the norm or did I =
miss a critical step? It seemed very promising. If nothing else you =
could use the solution to annoy a bothersome neighbor.......say pour it =
on their pet.