Re: Drosera binata problems

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 08:31:08 PST

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:31:08 -0600 (CST)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Drosera binata problems

Matt Ouimette wrote:

> In the meantime, the three that only branched once have fallen under
> their own weight! Now they lie horizontally, making a mess of the
> terrarium. The 4th stem hasn't uncurled, but I fear that when it does,
> the weight will cause the same problem, especially since it looks like
> it'll have twice as many trap tendrils.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? has anyone seen this happen before?

The problem might be your light source. Mine tend to topple over in low
light. In the summer, I grow them in direct sunlight all day and they
exhibit the more typical erect growth. Also, flowering won't hurt the
plant if it is healthy. You will see a drop in leaf growth when flowering,
but the flowers are nice.

Paul Burkhardt